The city of Oakwood continues to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) with information from the Centers for Disease Control, Public Health - Dayton & Montgomery County and the Ohio Department of Health to determine what steps to take to keep our residents safe. For now, we are asking residents to be ever vigilant when it comes to washing hands, avoiding close contact with others who may be ill or have compromised immune systems, keeping hands off of community surfaces, door knobs, etc., as much as possible, and refraining from shaking hands. Please take extra precautions to remain healthy. We will keep you up to date, as necessary. We encourage you to obtain official information from the aforementioned organizations. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.
Wright Library: The Wright Memorial Public Library is assisting Oakwood residents with the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Library staff is available to help Oakwood residents navigate the online registration process of scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination. The library also has computers available for Oakwood residents, if needed.
- COVID-19 Home Test Kits: Wright Library is distributing COVID-19 Home Test Kits as part of the Ohio Department of Health's plan to bring rapid, reliable testing into the home with results delivered in minutes. Call (937) 294-7171 for info and curbside delivery.
State of Ohio COVID-19 Vaccination Program
Looking for a COVID-19 vaccine provider near you? Visit https://vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov to search for providers vaccinating in the current phase by county and ZIP code.
Visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-program for additional details and resources on Ohio's COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
Ohio Department of Health Orders
- First Amended Revised Order to Limit and/or Prohibit Mass Gatherings in the State of Ohio, with Exceptions
- Sixth Amended Director’s Order to Limit Access to Ohio’s Nursing Homes and Similar Facilities, with Exceptions
- Director’s Order for Retail and Business Compliance for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio
Visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/resources/public-health-orders/public-health-orders for a complete list of Ohio's Public Health Orders.