Post Through August 23, 2019
ACCOUNT CLERK I – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
CITY BUILDING – 30 PARK AVE
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
The city of Oakwood is recruiting a full-time Account Clerk I – Accounts Payable position in the Finance Department. This recruitment is seeking an enthusiastic, mature and dependable individual, with excellent customer service skills.
This position is primarily responsible for the accounts payable functions of the city, which includes entry of purchase orders, tracking and reporting purchases, invoice reconciliation and payment, as well as providing customer service for utility billing, issuance of birth & death records, and maintenance of several city databases and annual reports.
- have a High School Diploma/GED, AND
- the completion of secondary education, OR equivalent, OR
- previous administrative work in an accounting department, OR
- any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, AND
- maintain/obtain within 6 months Public Notary certification.
The position requires knowledge of basic accounting; skill in general computer operations, specifically Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point and other related software programs; the ability to perform basic mathematical functions. Basic knowledge of accounts payable software and practices is desirable. Accuracy in all work is important.
The successful applicant will be able to maintain a pleasant and courteous demeanor working in a fast paced environment, and be able to communicate effectively with the public and all levels of management.
Current pay range is $16.99/hr. to $23.91/hr. Entry rate is contingent upon the applicant’s skills, knowledge and abilities. The city of Oakwood offers an excellent benefit package.
Submit Application, Resume and Cover Letter including a brief overview of relevant work experience, education and training by August 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- in person 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, or
- by mail to: Personnel Director, City of Oakwood, 30 Park Avenue, Oakwood, Ohio 45419; or
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org,or
- by fax to (937) 297-2940.
Selected applicants meeting the above requirements will be invited to participate in a competitive interview process. The successful candidate will be required to complete a thorough background check, including a criminal check, credit check, physical exam and drug screen, and may be required to complete a practicum including a mathematical aptitude exam and an Excel evaluation.
Equal Opportunity Employer