The city of Oakwood is fully committed to taking all reasonable steps in protecting the health, welfare and safety of our community and the general public. We are also fully committed to complying with all federal and state mandates in addressing the Coronavirus (COVID-19), in efforts to limit the spread of this disease.
Currently, all City Facilities are closed to the public. City Staff is available to assist you by email or phone. These actions are currently anticipated to extend through Friday, May 1 which coincides with the current statewide “Stay at Home” order. The date for returning to normal facility operations may change based on how the Coronavirus evolves.
The City/Public Safety Building at 30 Park Avenue was closed to the public effective Tuesday, March 24 for all non-emergencies. Administrative Staff is available to the community by phone, email and our website from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. All staff phone numbers and email addresses are readily available on the Contacts page. Payments can be made from the online bill payment portal.
- Public Meetings: In order to help contain the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), public meetings will be closed to the public until further notice. The meetings will be live-streamed from our website. Ohio Attorney General David Yost has declared that Ohio elected officials and public bodies may comply with the Ohio Open Meetings Act by providing the public electronic access to virtually attend the meeting to hear all discussions and deliberations. As always, we encourage you to contact Oakwood City Council and/or Oakwood City Staff with any comments, questions or concerns. Contact information for elected officials and city staff is available by accessing the Contacts pages.
- Public Safety: The Oakwood Public Safety Department will remain at full staffing and emergency services will not be affected. Current protocols and precautions continue. The outer lobby of 30 Park Avenue has a Public Safety Dispatcher available should you need to speak with an officer at the building. If calling the Dispatcher for assistance, please be mindful of special protocols related to COVID-19.
- Planning and Zoning: Completed permit applications can be emailed to email@example.com. During the state mandate addressing COVID-19, Pre-Sale Inspections will consist of an exterior inspection only; non-emergency Rental Inspections will be deferred until termination of the state mandate. Permit and Inspection payments are due at time of submittal and can be made via the online bill payment portal. Code Enforcement inspectors will continue to identify issues and respond to citizen complaints. Inspectors will exclusively use written notices and refrain from personal interactions with residents. For questions, contact (937) 297-2920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finance: The Finance Department is available for questions at (937) 298-0402.
- Income Tax: Please note that the due date for filing your 2019 City of Oakwood income tax returns has been extended to July 15, 2020. This includes payment of your 2019 Oakwood income tax liability. For questions, contact (937) 298-0531.
- Personnel: Due to the volume of applications received by the City, contact with every applicant is not possible. You may request information on a selection process by contacting the Personnel Department at (937) 298-0411, or by email at email@example.com.
The Oakwood Community Center at 105 Patterson Road, including the Health Center, was closed effective Saturday, March 14. OCC staff is available during the closure period via telephone (937) 298-0775, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- All classes, programs and activities at the OCC are cancelled while the center is closed.
- Public parks and recreation areas remain open; however, all public playgrounds are closed until further notice.
- The dog park at Creager Field is closed.
The Public Works Center at 210 Shafor Boulevard was closed to the public effective Tuesday, March 17. Public Works staff is available during the closure period via telephone (937) 298-0777, or by email at email@example.com from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday – Friday. For after hour emergencies, please contact the Public Safety Dispatcher at (937) 298-2122.
- Refuse and recyclables collection will remain on schedule at this time. If we have to make adjustments to the schedule, we will widely communicate those changes. All trash MUST be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day to ensure collection. Please take extra steps to ensure that weekly household trash is bagged before placing it into your refuse containers. This is particularly important for all food items, and any other trash or debris that may pose a health hazard to our refuse collection employees.