Welcome to the city of Oakwood’s website. The city of Oakwood has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy for our website users. The following paragraphs disclose our information gathering practices. The privacy statement may change at any time; any changes will be posted on this page. Should you have any additional questions, comments or concerns please contact us:
City of Oakwood
30 Park Avenue
Oakwood, Ohio 45419
We can be reached via telephone at: (937) 298-0600.
Visitors should be aware that, subject to certain statutory exceptions, many documents and records maintained by the city of Oakwood, including but not limited to electronic data, are public records under Ohio law. Therefore, information submitted through this website may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
When you browse, read pages, or download information on oakwoodohio.gov, certain technical information about your visit is automatically gathered and stored by ProudCity and Google Analytics. This information never identifies who you are, and the city of Oakwood has no access to any personally identifiable information of this type. The information collected and stored about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox,) and operating system (Macintosh, Unix, Windows) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the oakwoodohio.gov website from another website, the address of that website.
This information is only used to help make the site more useful for you. This data reveals the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at oakwoodohio.gov, where we only use non-persistent cookies or “per-session cookies.” These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes like providing seamless navigation through oakwoodohio.gov. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. Oakwoodohio.gov cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookies disappear.
ONLINE FORMS AND E-MAIL
Our site’s forms require users to give us contact information (like name and email address), method of payment, and demographic information. We use customer contact information from the registration forms to send the user information about our events. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Information regarding method of payment is collected for registration purposes only.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
The information posted on the oakwoodohio.gov website includes hypertext links to information created and maintained by other governmental organizations. Oakwoodohio.gov provides these links solely for our user’s information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the oakwoodohio.gov site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners of the outside website.
- The city of Oakwood does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked governmental website.
- The city of Oakwood does not endorse the content of any website linked on our page.
- The city of Oakwood cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in government linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked websites.
- The city of Oakwood is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.