Public Safety Records
The Oakwood Public Safety Records Section is staffed by one full-time Records Clerk that ensures the integrity of the reporting process within the safety department. The Records Clerk is trained in current applicable laws and guidelines regarding records management. The Records Section facilitates a wide variety of tasks dealing with both internal and external customers and communication, including:
- Compliance with Records Retention Schedule;
- Maintaining and filing generated offense reports;
- Interaction with insurance agencies;
- Processing accident reports;
- Processing arrest reports;
- Liaison with City of Oakwood officials;
- Coordination with Municipal and State courts regarding legal process; and
- Oversee Freedom of Information requests and processing.
Hours of Operation and Contact Information
The Records Section is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and requests for service can be handled in a variety of ways:
- Walk-in basis at the Oakwood Public Safety Department lobby at 30 Park Avenue Oakwood, Ohio 45419
- Phone-in service at (937) 296-5134
The City of Oakwood does not charge for 1-24 pages of a public record. A fee of five cents per copy for page 25 and above. The cost for copies of other records (CD, maps, etc) will be the actual cost of duplicating the records.
The City of Oakwood has a public records policy and a Schedule of Records Retention (RC-2). Please inquire at any of our public offices for information on how to obtain a copy of this document and they will provide you with a copy upon request.