The Foell Public Works Center at 210 Shafor Boulevard is open from 8 a.m. until 12 noon on the first Saturday of each month for Oakwood citizens to drop off refuse items. All residential debris is permitted, subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- Hazardous Wastes (e.g., paints, oils, fuels, pesticides, herbicides, batteries, etc.) are not permitted. Residents should deliver these items to the Montgomery County Transfer Station, or register for a pickup by the Oakwood Rotary Club by calling (937) 296-5155.
- Tires are not permitted. Tires can be taken to the Montgomery County Transfer Station.
- Weekly Household Trash is not permitted. This must be collected as part of the city’s regular weekly refuse collection program.
- Items containing Freon (e.g., air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers) will only be accepted if they include a tag certifying proper extraction of the Freon.
- Grass Clippings are not permitted.
- Water Heaters are permitted if they include a copy of the permit issued for installation of the new water heater.
- Construction Debris (e.g., lumber, drywall, cabinetry, sinks, toilets, carpet) is permitted, but only for homeowner projects. Debris from contractor projects is not permitted.