With so many sources of information available, the city of Oakwood wants to make it easier to get the information and services you need.
- Our website is a comprehensive resource that provides access to city services and information at your convenience.
- You can always find the latest Oakwood Community Center news and events on our Facebook page.
- The bi-monthly Oakwood Scene Newsletter offers detailed updates on current projects and community news for not only the City, but for the Oakwood Schools and Wright Memorial Public Library.
- Our city staff uses door hangers to notify citizens and property owners of events that may impact them or their neighborhoods.
- Depending on circumstances and the nature of an event, we use the US Postal Service or direct door-to-door canvassing to distribute information.
- We routinely distribute press releases to the local media, including television and radio stations. These media outlets typically respond very quickly in broadcasting time sensitive information.
- We use CodeRed to send recorded messages to telephone numbers across the entire city, or within any selected geographical area. The telephone database automatically contains all landlines, but only includes cell phone numbers if they are specifically added to the database.
- Our Oakwood Community Center (OCC) maintains an e-mail distribution list that contains about 2,000 addresses. We use this list to regularly send notices about events, programs and activities organized and operated through the OCC, but from time to time we also use it to send notices regarding other matters. Please call the OCC at (937) 298-0775 to have your e-mail address added to the distribution list.