Our annual leaf collection program officially ended last Friday, December 18. Property owners should no longer be placing leaves in the street gutters. The Public Works Department will continue to collect leaves from the gutter over the next two holiday weeks and will continue for the two weeks thereafter. Effective Monday, January 18, we will again enforce the strict prohibition on putting leaves or other debris in the street.
Citizens interested in dumping their own leaves may do so 24-7 in the yard debris dumpster located at the Creager Field parking lot (Shafor and Irving), or at the public works yard, 210 Shafor Boulevard, between 8 a.m. and 12 noon on the first Saturday of each month.
- Leaves are collected on a 2-week schedule.
- Please try to coordinate leaf raking according to the city’s pickup schedule.
- Do not park vehicles in the street or otherwise block leaf piles on the scheduled pickup day.
- Leaves should be neatly placed in rows in the gutter along the edge of the street.
- Please do not include yard debris, branches, pumpkins, straw or other debris with leaf piles. All pumpkins and other similar decorations should go in the regular trash.
- If you are unable to place the leaves in the street, place them within the tree lawn area, just behind the curb, along the edge of the roadway, or along a paved driveway. If leaves are not visible from the street, call (937) 298-0777 to advise us of the location prior to the scheduled collection day.
- For special situations where there is not a convenient location to place leaves, call (937) 298-0777 to schedule the use of a city dumpster, free of charge.