The special pickup program is currently not available due to fall leaf collection season. Leaf collection takes place during the 10-week period from mid-October to late December and involves the majority of our workforce, therefore special pickups are not available during this 10-week period. Special pickups will resume on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Special pickups are available for household items that cannot otherwise be disposed of through the normal weekly trash collection.
All property owners are entitled to two free special pickups per calendar year. Additional pickups may be scheduled, but a $100 fee is charged. (Note: Special scheduling arrangements can be made on pickups for residents moving in or out of town. Please give as much advance notice as possible.)
Special Pickup Regulations
- Special pickups shall not include any regular weekly household trash.
- All material to be collected must be placed on a driveway and be readily accessible with a front-end loader and work crew on the day of pickup.
- No special pickups will be made from inside or behind garages or homes.
- Items should be placed on the driveway just a day or two before the scheduled pickup.
- Only debris generated from Oakwood properties will be collected.
- Material must not be stacked or piled against houses, garages or fences, nor around poles, fire hydrants, manholes or other items that obstruct access.
- No pickup items should be placed at the curb, edge of the road, tree lawn area or in boulevards.
- Dumpsters are required for roofing debris and all other homeowner-performed remodeling projects.
- Contractor-generated debris will not be accepted.
- Any material with volume exceeding a single loaded dumpster container will be treated as an additional pickup.
- The city may require the use of a dumpster after considering the size and/or nature of the debris.
A partial list of “Special Pickup” items includes:
- Furniture, bicycles, toys, wood fencing, televisions/stereos, carpet, stoves, furnaces and water heaters.
- Air conditioners, refrigerators or freezers (Freon must be removed in advance).
Instructions for Appliance Pickup
- Doors must be removed and appliances purged of Freon. Contact local appliance stores for Freon evacuation. Appliances must have a company tag indicating that the Freon has been removed.
- For gas water heaters and furnaces, you must provide a copy of the permit for installation of the new water heater or furnace. The permits are issued by the city of Kettering, (937) 296-2441. Attach a copy of the permit to the old water heater or furnace and advise the city of the permit number when calling for a special pickup.